Thursday, June 22, 2006

Formula 1 Racing!!!!!!!!

Another dawn and another yawn after the bedtime.
Finally woke up at 8:30 and rushed to office........

On the way, the traffic sea was rough as ever and the signals were trying to knock the wind out of my sails.

Then I spotted a bolt from the blues-A Hero Honda Splendor-The first time ever I had anyone in the form of a rider, who could challenge me in the midst of the STILL CALM Bangalore Traffic.

At Ulsoor, I overtook him. At the next signal I spotted him yonder. My adrenalin pumped twice as much, my office assignments were swept under the carpet of racing that was paved before me.................How dare.a 100 CC bike.......overtakin a 150 CC.that was commanded by a veteran pirate on the roads????????

I took a vow on the fire that was burning from within..............I shan't park this bike until I had clearly stripped this Splendor powered rider of his pole position.........I said I don wanna reach office If I ain't gonna smoke this guy out of my rear view mirrors

Two signals past........ I had to phone a friend!

Dear GOD, just a few metres away from office and I dont want to start this day with a defeat that would demean my racing instincts.Help me win.

Just near the ING VYSYA bank, near the petrol bunk, in the thickest of MG road traffic, my eyes were sending Radio Frequency signals too find a space to shoot my 150 CC missile clear ahead of this dark and lanky guy who was guiding just a 100 CC Splendor missile.

There was the pavement, with no cobblestone in their places of inheritance.My bike was on it. Half a feet above the ground, 5 metres behind the splendor, the twinkling eyes counting 10,9,8,7,6,5,....... for the launch

1 and 0, the green and the Red Colored HONDA UNICORN jumps from a half a foot high pedestal and charges and a scraping foot peg to bring the vehicle in a semi circle and before the Splendor, I shoot ahead, see this guy's head look smaller and smaller in the rear view mirror and then throw the anchors............for I'm right at my office entrance, the Prestige Meridian-The CITI BANK queue watches me on.

I raise my visor and do a thumbs up at my competitor and then look above to say......Thank you JESUS, I'm safe and have overcome.

But I really wanted to salute this guy who was more courageous than me

No comments: