Thursday, November 25, 2010

SWIFT notations

Ever since I bought my Swift, 2 and 1/2 years ago, to be precise, I've been breaching the 150kmph mark. It was out of the showroom just then and as a fully laden car of 5 full grown adults, I showed my eyes the 165kmph mark on the speedo. With their hearts on their mouths, my in laws requested that the throttle be released a bit.

Journeys long and the ones that are short, the vehicle has covered 37k Kms.Today, as I was driving back from office, with 5 people onboard, and the wiper blades matching the speedo needles extremes to keep the rain darts at bay, I did 120kmph. The roads were glossy black, the trucks sprayed a fine mist as the Swift whizzed past them. The 30km stretch was not so scary, but I cared for the people onboard, lest they puke their hearts out of fear seeing the car squeeze past a tight truck n bus line up at 100+ speeds.

As we returned from Madurai, 2 trips ago, the car clocked a full 165kmph with 5 on board and it was pouting cats on dogs on the national highways.The reflectors sustained the visibility which was otherwise limited to not more than 2 bonnets ahead.
I would reduce my speeds, ya, sooner than later

1 comment:

Nebeula said...

Oh Jean! that's bad! Speed definitely thrills, but imagine the state of those on the road,the other vehicles on the road. Even if you have full control, what happens if some one shivers and looses their grip on the wheel!? You sure scare me!